Joplin Man Dies from Injuries in House Fire - FOX 14 TV Joplin and Pittsburg News Weather Sports |

Joplin Man Dies from Injuries in House Fire

Joplin, MO -

A Joplin businessman died  from injuries suffered in a fire at his home that may have been caused by a lightning strike. 

 55 year old mike blood  was in his home in the 2800  block of McConnell when it caught fire Friday. Fire crews found it engulfed when they arrived and once they were  told Blood was  trapped inside, they conducted a search and rescue. Blood was transferred to a burn unit in Springfield where he succumbed to his injuries. A preliminary cause of the fire was determined to be a lightning strike but  the fire is still under  investigation. Blood and his wife Kathy operated Blood tax service in Joplin. 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KFJX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.

KFJX - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
FCC Public File
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@fox14tv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments: to comments@fox14tv.com
Phone: (417) 782-1414 or (620) 230-0565
Web comments or questions: webmaster@fox14tv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158